photo wonderwell1_zpseypiuspl.png
menu   Home About Me WonderWell  

"Brainstorming Templates" on TPT

Happy Weekend, Peeps!

I hope everyone had fun this week!  I'm still exhausted from Halloween on Wednesday!  So...I'm taking break from the Texas Tech vs. UT game (it's halftime, no worries - ha!) to blog and upload some more of the templates I've created (see previous posts) to my TPT store.  I actually found the USB I thought I had lost over a year ago and I'm elated!  So many Activ Flip Charts, lesson plans, and activities for my Kinder Peeps; I'm planning to upload as many of these activities as I can over the holidays (my graduate courses come to an end the first week of December...Merry Christmas to me!) and my school district's last day before the holidays is December 21st.  Anyway, I'm ready to give Deanna Jump some competition, haha!  I just love her products and blog...if only I had the time.

I've uploaded what I call "Brainstorming Templates" for letters A-Z, consonant blends, and digraphs...you will find brainstorming templates like the one shown below (students draw the picture and then stretch the word in the space under each picture) in my TPT store.



My kinders get so excited about "brainstorming" because they love to draw and come up with words we haven't yet discussed!  Like I mentioned in my initial posts, this is the first year I've tried this (in lieu of the cut-and-paste picture sorts)...and they have become such confident writers through these activities!

My kinders are also brainstorming in our pocket chart station during literacy work stations in the morning.  I cut card stock into 4 different pieces and leave it for them at the pocket chart each day (along with crayons, markers, etc.).  They brainstorm words with their partner and then draw and label pictures of words that start with the letters, digraphs, or blends given on the pocket chart each day (see picture below).  I just love the chicken!

What do you have your kinders doing in your pocket chart station?  Would love to hear all about what you're doing!


Coming soon:  election activities, class book templates, graphing activities, and several literacy work station ideas...stay tuned!  Well, my husband is making dinner...so, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. You have some wonderful ideas. I am your newest follower. If you have time, please come and check out my blog.

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete