photo wonderwell1_zpseypiuspl.png
menu   Home About Me WonderWell  

Hello Halloween!

Halloween is one of my favorite times of year...love the cooler weather (especially after enduring the 100+ temps this summer while pregnant!), the fall decorations, the food, and the list goes on!

Have fun and get creative with your kids! I created a class book based on the pattern of the popular "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat" children's book. Have your students draw and write what they would swallow if they were the old lady. I like to have my kids brainstorm as a whole group first and then have them each complete a page for the class book. So much fun to come back together and read our book!  Download them from my TpT store!




This next class book is based on the pattern of the popular "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" children's book. I love reading this with them after they have created it!  I have them get in "trick-or-treater" mode (haha) and draw/write what they see as a trick-or-treater. Again, I would brainstorm with them as a whole group first and then have each student complete a page for the class book.  And...did I mention this is FREE?  Download it here!




I also included a link to BrainPop Jr.'s Halloween clip; it explores traditions associated with Halloween and also discusses Halloween safety.  As an extension and to make this personally meaningful to your students, I created a brainstorming web for students to include their own Halloween safety tips.  This could be done in groups or independently.  I think Halloween safety is so important to discuss...especially with the little ones!  Click on the BrainPop Jr. screenshot below and it will take you directly to the site.



Time to go walk...having a neighbor with a newborn is fun! I'll be adding more over the next few days!  Currently working on Thanksgiving and Christmas products (while Jet naps)!

No comments:

Post a Comment